Clowning & Visual Poetry
4 days all inclusive to reconnect and get back in the devising/directing/facilitating flow!
Immerse yourself into PSYCHEdelight's approach. A retreat in the French Dordogne, surrounded by a bamboo forest and a river, 5 minutes away from one of France's most beautiful medieval villages.
19-24 October 2022.
We are a participatory theatre company of Sanctuary fervent diversity advocates, bringing diverse communities together in our shows and workshops. (Most recent productions: Borderline, Welcome to the U.K., Mohand and Peter).
- Visual poetry: another language when words are hard to find. (Language barrier, trauma, different abilities, children)
- Games, games and more games! They are the best for group bonding and ensemble work.
- Comedy to address tragedy. We can’t resist a good laugh and often desperately need it when work becomes too intense. Laughter is our medicine and the best antidote we found to isolation and exclusion.
What to expect
No strict programme, our approach is facilitation: We work with who is in the room and adapt our workshop to what you might bring/need. You can expect to find a place where you will be able to explore:
- Games and ensemble work
- Non-verbal scenes, visual poetry (indoor and outdoor, let's make use of nature's beauty!)
- Clowning and comedy
No previous experience required, your difference is our chance!
In an old mill in beautiful Dordogne, 35 min drive from Bergerac Airport and 5 min walk from Monpazier. All-inclusive.
- Shared bedrooms in wooden chalets away from all noise except for the river nearby and the birds.
2 people per room
- Huge garden surrounded by bamboos and a small river.
- Local market in beautiful medieval village of Monpazier 5 min walk away.
- Barbecue with lovely people and live music!
About the Facilitator
Facilitator: Sophie Bertrand Besse AD of PSYCHEdelight. Sophie directed our shows and facilitates our north London Together Workshops since their creation in 2016. Sophie is both trained in drama and therapy and developed an expertise in physical theatre, ensemble work and clowning (Among other trainings: Lecoq, LISPA, John Wright, Lucy Hopkins, Frank Wurzinger.) She is specialised in participatory theatre directing and devising. She creates shows with mixed casts involving communities who experienced a traumatic life journey. She is a diversity advocate and expert at holding a space with different ages, languages and abilities in the room. She worked with women in prison for 7 years and has led PSYCHEdelight's shows and workshops with refugee communities since 2015.
The fee includes the cost of food, accommodation, workshop and transport from and to the airport with selected flights, see below:
19 October: Ryanair FR8592 (arriving at 2:35 pm at Bergerac from London Stansted)
24 October: Ryanair FR8593 (arriving at 3:40 pm at London Stansted from Bergerac)
Total for 4 days workshops- food - accomodation: £350 Earlybird (until 30/08/22) - £410 (flight tickets not included).